The European Society for Environmental History (ESEH) and the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society (RCC), are pleased to announce the call for entries for the 2019 Turku Book Prize in European Environmental History that they jointly sponsor every two years.
With the purpose of identifying and encouraging excellent, innovative, and well-written scholarship in the field of European environmental history, the prize is worth €3,000 and will be awarded at the Tenth Biennial ESEH Conference to be held in Tallin, Estonia, in August 2019. This prize rewards authors and books that are European and therefore does not compete with other environmental history prizes that recognize work relating to other parts of the world.
Criteria: Entries must be
- single authored monographs
- original work recognizable as European environmental history
- published in 2017 or 2018;
- received by 31 January 2019.
Applicants must submit three copies* of the book by mail to the Rachel Carson Center at the address below, as well as a digital copy (preferably a PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the book is published in a language other than English, please include a one-page English summary.
Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society
Turku Book Prize
* For some publication models (e.g. print on demand, open access), it may be difficult to supply three hard copies of the book. In this event, please contact email@example.com for advice.