The TürkeiEuropaZentrum Hamburg (TEZ) is a unique place in the German academic landscape for the study of contemporary Turkey with respect to interdisciplinary and critical research. In order to promote (international) academic exchange, it offers one visiting fellowship (one to three months) per year. Applications that complement and expand current research focus of the centre (gender and politics, consumption and culture, environment and environmental humanities) are particulariliy welcome, however we also look forward to other interesting applications.
The fellow will receive a workplace with an access to the internet and library during the period of research. Please note that the TEZ offers a modest budget for travel and accommodation costs; and therefore, visiting fellows are responsible for seeking out their own living expenses. Please note that the TEZ does not offer any financial support; and therefore, visiting fellows are responsible for seeking out their own living expenses. An overview of funding opportunities can be found here: https://www.aai.uni-hamburg.de/tuerkeieuropa/medien/funding-international.pdf
The fellow is expected to present his/her research (which may be in the form of public lecture, discussion, participation in a seminar or similar).
Applications are accepted annually and must be submitted online by December 1st. Successful applicant will be contacted by December 31st. Applications can be submitted to Dr. Onur Inal/ Dr. Charlotte Joppien via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– successfully completed dissertation/PhD degree
– advanced knowledge of English, knowledge of German is an advantage
– originality and feasibility of the project
Application Material (to be submitted as a single PDF-document)
– a cover letter
– a CV (max. 2 pages) and a list of publications
– a project description (max. 2 pages)
– a description of how research findings to be presented at the TEZ (public lecture, workshop, seminar, etc)
– a timeframe and schedule of visiting fellowship
– name and contact information of one referee